Accounts Receivable Credit--REFUND

Process a write off for that invoice and enter in the GL account as  the account that the repayment booked against.

This will take the credit memo off the Aged Trial balance and offset the expense so that the P&L has no impact to the refund.

Deirdre Sykes | Senior Cost Accountant

GSI Technologies, LLC | 311 Shore Drive | Burr Ridge, IL 60527 

dsykes@... | Phone: 630.590.8112 |  Fax: 630.325.8197

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nancy Patterson
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:08 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Accounts Receivable Credit--REFUND

I work with a company who rarely has to issue credit memos to customers or issue refunds…but it has now happened.

We issued the credit memo, only to refund the money. 

Now that I have the Credit Memo out there for the customer, how do I show it as REFUNDED???  I can only find where to apply a credit memo to an open A/R invoice and that is not an option in this case…there is no open invoice and we have refunded the customer.

Thanks in advance

Vantage 8.00.812A

Nancy

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.

I work with a company who rarely has to issue credit memos to customers or issue refunds…but it has now happened.

We issued the credit memo, only to refund the money. 

Now that I have the Credit Memo out there for the customer, how do I show it as REFUNDED???  I can only find where to apply a credit memo to an open A/R invoice and that is not an option in this case…there is no open invoice and we have refunded the customer.

Thanks in advance

Vantage 8.00.812A

Nancy