9.05.702A Assistance needed with GL Controls

We setup one warehouse and bin to handle all our inventory, we’ll call it Warehouse A. We set GL control codes for the Part Class and Product Groups to control costs and sales. We also did the GL Controal setup in Company Config… We’ve now added a second warehouse that has two bins, we’ll call it Warehouse B. Many of our parts are in both warehouses. We have an inventory GL account 1410 for the cost of inventory in Warehouse A. With the addition of Warehouse B, our accounting department want to add GL account 1420.

Since the hierarchy starts with the Part, Part Class, Product Group, Warehouse and Company, what is now the best way to get the inventory transactions in Warehouse B to pull from GL Account 1420?

I tried removing the part class GL Control from the part and adding a GL Control to Warehouse B, but it’s still pulling from GL Account 1410. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…

I appreciate any help you can offer!!!

Thanks

The material needs to Ship or be issued from Warehouse B to get the 1420 account IF you have a Warehouse GL Specified.

The material had a class assigned which had a GL Control. I removed the class from the part and added a control on Warehouse B. The control type is Division. I created a control code and assigned 1420 as the account. When I ship items using Warehouse B and run the WIP report, it still shows 1410 as the account. Is there a setup step I’m missing?

In E10, the only GLC type that can be applied to a Warehouse is type “Division”.

So I don’t believe that will do any good unless you’re multi-site, and want the just the Div segment to to be substituted.

We are not multi site. Any suggestions on how we can accomplish this?

Ignoring the multi-site for a moment, we have 2 GL Controls Codes for GLC Type “Part Class”.

The BTOP will substitute the “standard” inventory account (1151-00-01 for us), with (1166-00-01)

FINGDS substitutes 1153-00-01 (for Finished Goods)

We use this Part Class for Buy To Order Purchases so they don’t hi our regular Inventory (Accounting gets irritated when the SSR doesn’t match the GL)

Never mind, My prior post won’t work for you because a Part can only have one Part Class

I thought it could be set for specific Sites/Warehouses. It cannot.

I’ll give this a shot. Thanks

I’d say to not waste your time. What I outlined would change the account for part, regardless of the warehouse.

I experimented (in E10) to see if a Division type GLC assigned to the warehouse would work, but no luck.

It is going to have to be a GLC type that has the “Inventory” context, (like the “Inventory COS and WIP” GLC type).

Then find a business object (sure I’m using that term wrong), that can have an “Inventory COS and WIP” type setup for it.

We have the multi-site module, so we could make a GLC to set the GL Acct for Inventory, different for each site. But we’d still be stuck using the same GL Acct for every warehouse in that site.

1 Like

Ok.

Thanks for your assistance.

Perhaps you could utilise Posting rules to achieve your result.

Using out of the box capability try using the flexing of the division
Here’s an example for two different warehouses.

How would one set that up?

To setup flexing in E9 or E10 follow these steps for departments or divisions.

1. Setup values for the division segment

1. Setup a complete account number(s) with the new segment value(s)

1. Setup a Division GL Control

1. Link the GL Control to the warehouse

That should do it, make sure that you are using the standard posting rules as the extended will not flex the segment

1 Like

I’ll give this a try. Thanks!