T: 904.469.1524 mobile
E: jose@…

http://www.josecgomez.com
     Â

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM, <g_york47@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p> We have a group of contract warehouse workers for which we want to limit the &quot;File - New&quot; options to New Warehouse and New Bin.  All other options should be hidden or disabled. This is for a new Part Maintenance customized screen that will only be used by the contract workers. Thank you.</p>

Â

Gary York

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jose@...> wrote:

It is possible you can modify the Adapter to not allow New its kind of hairy though. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...

Â

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM, <g_york47@...> wrote:
Â
Thank you, Daniel, but I have customization rights and have done customizations in the past. The problem is that the "File - New" functions, which are located on the upper menu bar, do not appear to be available on the Part Maintenance sheet in customization mode. Yet, the "File - New" functions that appear in the drop down are tailored to Part Maintenance. Is this area off limits for customization? If it is possible, I was hoping someone would step forward. Thank you.
Â
Gary
---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <daniel.nickoley@...> wrote:

You need customisation rights on your user profile. Once you have customisation rights, click on the customise toggle button in the main Epicor screen. Then click on the application you want to customise.

Â

Probably best to read up about customisation in the help section of Epicor.

Â

When you do your customisation, you can toggle various tabs and fields as visible/invisible.

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

You need customisation rights on your user profile.  Once you have customisation rights, click on the customise toggle button in the main Epicor screen.  Then click on the application you want to customise.

When you do your customisation, you can toggle various tabs and fields as visible/invisible.

Thank you, Daniel, but I have customization rights and have done customizations in the past. The problem is that the "File - New" functions, which are located on the upper menu bar, do not appear to be available on the Part Maintenance sheet in customization mode. Yet, the "File - New" functions that appear in the drop down are tailored to Part Maintenance. Is this area off limits for customization? If it is possible, I was hoping someone would step forward. Thank you.

Gary

You need customisation rights on your user profile.  Once you have customisation rights, click on the customise toggle button in the main Epicor screen.  Then click on the application you want to customise.

Gary

It is possible you can modify the Adapter to not allow New its kind of hairy though. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...

Â

Â
<div>

<p></p><div>
Â
Gary

You need customisation rights on your user profile. Once you have customisation rights, click on the customise toggle button in the main Epicor screen. Then click on the application you want to customise.

Â

Â

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

We have a group of contract warehouse workers for which we want to limit the "File - New" options to New Warehouse and New Bin.  All other options should be hidden or disabled. This is for a new Part Maintenance customized screen that will only be used by the contract workers. Thank you.

Gary York

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jose@...> wrote:

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Gary