2019 EpiUsers.Help Meet & Greet Tuesday, April 16th

I think it’s @rbucek

1 Like

Will nine pounds (4 Kg) of pizza fit in that small paper bag we get on the airplane? Asking for @rbucek

2 Likes

Is the menu or are the pizza choices flexible? I don’t eat meat. As shown that means I’m paying an extra $25 for salad and cake.
Ben

4 Likes

To make sure that we have a meatless option, we will change the pasta to Fettuccine Alfredo. There is no meat in that option.

4 Likes

I appreciate that!

3 Likes

:fist:

Love the support this group has given you over the past year, going to Insights? Don’t wait another minute, sign up and meet everyone at the Vegas Meet and Greet!!

3 Likes

Hey guys, just to give you a bit of background on what goes into this dinner. This forum is not supported financially by any company. The moderators (of which I am not one) all volunteer to get it set up, and the operating costs are offset by the ads and patreon support, and where that falls short, the moderators take up the slack. It’s independent, and it’s great that way. But, that means there is no bank account or deep pockets to fall back on.

What that means for this dinner is that the organizer, @knash, (who is also not a moderator) is personally responsible for the cost for this dinner. In the past this dinner has been an awesome way to get to know your fellow E10help.com users, and we’ve been lucky to have @Chris_Conn’s connection to get a private room without a deposit or minimum to meet. This year, Ken stepped up to plan it.

I think that I speak for most when I say, we want to keep doing the E10help dinner wherever insights ends up being, but Vegas is a little different than Nashville. It took a lot of searching, and Ken wasn’t able to find something that would reserve space for 40-50 (or more) people without a deposit, a contract that guarantees and minimum, and a single bill payer at the end of the night. (the original brewery that we picked out wasn’t actually going to work the way they said it was when we first contacted them. That was a major part of the change)

So to make this happen, he bit the bullet, and put it on the line really hoping that the good folks here really wanted to do this. If attendance falls short, and we don’t make the minimum to have this dinner, Ken’s credit card gets charged. If everything works out and we have enough people, we all get a nice dinner.

All of that is just to say, please make your decision, and payments as soon as possible. It helps in planning, it helps Ken sleep knowing costs are covered, and it helps give us confidence to keep doing things like this in the future. I don’t think we are that far from being at the minimum, but it would be really nice to be comfortably over. $45 for a dinner in Vegas really is a good deal, and since it’s onsite, it really is convenient.

I’m really excited about insights this year, I’m excited about the dinner and being able to catch up with those I met last year, and meet those that I haven’t met yet!

Thanks everyone.

8 Likes

Man !!!

Only in america!!!

this is unsane!

…and probalby not safe for your health either !!!:nauseated_face:

:wink:
Pierre

I wonder how many have actually done it?

I think I’d get the meat sweats after the first slice. Oof.
:sweat:

I think I’m getting sick just thinking about trying to eat that much food in a single hour.

I have finished settling up with my original registration and added the other three people coming from our organization. Thanks @knash!!

2 Likes

Reminder for those of you that still are on the fence.

E10Help Dinner Sign Up

Still have a few that signed up that need to revisit due to the location change.

@bderuvo, Chris Stettler, @jdewitt6029, @jmarenghi, @markdamen, @asmar, Ron Stevenson )

1 Like

Ken,

Sorry - I will not be able to make it to the dinner.

Bruce Larson

763-486-0030

that’s ‘my’ guy… I’ll let him know, he won’t leave you hanging, he just doesn’t visit the forum.

We have 49 strong in attendance!!!

April 1st is; well, soon.

Don’t delay sign up today

E10 Help Dinner SIgn Up

Still have a few that signed up that need to revisit due to the location change.

@bderuvo, Chris Stettler, @jdewitt6029, @jmarenghi, @markdamen, @asmar, Ron Stevenson )

Paid Thanks for organising.

1 Like

I am looking forward to meeting you all. I am dragging about a dozen along to the dinner so save up all those odd questions :wink:

5 Likes

That’s great Bart! Thanks for planning to join us.

1 Like

Is it too late to sign up?