10.200.100 - personalizations not being applied

And wondering if anyone has seen anything like this

Over the weekend Upgraded to 10.200.1
Now am having issues with personalizations

• Where a menu item has a customization specified, personalizations are not loading.
  • Note that for menu items without a customization specified, the personalizations are loading.

A couple things I’ve tried so far with no change…

• Cleared cache
  • Deleted any existing personalizations for a form
  • Added new customizations from scratch - simple copies of base forms.
  • Added new menu items to specify the customizations on

Thanks

Throwing this out there in case you don’t know (you maybe do?) Personalizations are customization specific. So if you add a customization, they lose their personalization. It’s annoying.

But they should be able to create a new one on top of a new customization. Is that what you are having problems with?

I have seen issues with Save Layouts & Personalizations in 10.2.100.9 - .12 and guessing it is present in earlier releases as well. Save Layouts works fine on a base menu item but not a customized menu item. I also noticed that before when you could make changes using Save Layouts, go into Customization Mode, and save (to save the layout change) do not work any longer as well.

Yes, I think it is this one… thanks.

Good Morning,
I just wanted to throw a caveat out there Brandon to “if you add a customization they lose their personalization”. We use a technique that has been so very helpful for our moderately customized epicor and I’d like to share it.

We call all of our production db applied customizations with a suffix (TUSA) and use the same name again and again to overwrite existing customizations. We do save a Rev version of the customization exported to a folder and we do provide a label on the customization “Rev 1” , etc. for rev tracking of what’s actually deployed.

Using this method we don’t have to redo menu maintenance customization assignments throughout when new revision of a customization is applied to produciton. Additionally a bonus! ~ the personalizations stay for same named customization. Occasionally a new customization will corrupt a personalization, but it’s fairly rare.

HTH someone :slight_smile:
Nancy

1 Like

This is how I have been preserving personalizations too.

In this case it is something new after the upgrade.
The personalizations just aren’t being applied normally now.

IF there is a customization, then associated personalization(s) will not load
IF only the base form, then associated personalization(s) will load

This seems to confirm my suspicion that it is just a bug and not due to anything we’re doing.

I’ve been strugling with this issue this morning. A user wanted to change the “Group By” setting of a dashboard grid, to group by employee ID instead of employee name. The dashboard has a customization. The user just cannot get the “Save Layout” action to actually save the change, it reverts back to the original each time the user close/reopen the dashboard.

I found a pattern that worked:

1. Open the form with developer mode = off
  2. Disable the “Group By” setting of the grid
  3. Save Layout
  4. Close and Reopen the form, still with developer mode = off
  5. Enable the “Group By” setting of the grid
  6. Drag/drop the required column header in the group by section
  7. Save Layout

This is the only way we found to make the “Save layout” action actually save the layout.