10.2 Epicor Data Analytics and Epiocr Data Discovery

You do pay by having current maintenance / license for 10.2. Probably not my place to say but maybe @josecgomez or @rbucek could weigh in.

@bconner - Is there a trick to get the pre-made active homepage EDD themes (i.e. Supply Chain) to show data? Do we need to build each tile? If we build our own, the tiles show info, but the pre-made theme tiles are blank. This is in our 10.2.200.3 test environment populated with week-old data from LIVE (This environment was upgraded from 10.2.100.x, if that makes any difference). Thanks!

Two EDD questions this morning. We are testing 10.2.200.4 after updating from 10.1.600.8

1. With use of multiple app servers - should EDD be installed on one or all of the app servers?

2. We have noticed twice now when we update from 10.1.600.8 that on the upgraded app server we are not able to get EDD to work. However on any new app servers we build in 10.200.4 we don’t have any issues getting EDD to work. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Kristine

@kfierce - For what it’s worth, our issue above is also on an upgraded environment, rather than fresh install. I’ve edited my post to add that detail…

Ive not been able to make it work on our upgraded DB.

When you say new app server, against a brand new DB too or just literally a new app server pointing at same upgraded DB?

Just a new app server pointing to the upgraded DB.

Does anyone know if I can make a dashboard view (like active homepage) using the URL outside of the rich client? I see that I can make individual views, but I was hoping to make a dashboard with live tiles to look at outside of the Epicor rich client, as I have a hard time getting them to log into Epicor.

1 Like

Hi @kfierce did you get an answer on the multiple app server question? I tried installing on one then referencing the EDD install on the second app server EDD tab but you don’t see the views that have been set up on the first EDD install.

Thanks

Graeme

@Graeme_Fraser - I don’t have an answer yet if it can go on multiple app servers or not. We haven’t pursued the multiple server question further due to time constraints. I am interested in knowing as we have multiple app servers our users connect to and I would like for them to have access to EDD regardless of what app server they connect to.

Brian, how to you enable or specify that a BAQ is visible in EDD? When I try to add a new discovery view I only have the default BAQs available. I can’t connect to our BAQs that we’ve written.

Thank you

You need to install the license file. You can get a free one from your CAM.

We already got one new license file but I can ask for another.

I did some testing of EDD and got some custom BAQs to show up. Had use the same naming convention as the EDD baqs, I think it is zHOMEPAGE… or something like that.

Brett

1 Like

That was it Brett. It works now but it didn’t appear right away in the list. Not sure how long I had to wait.

Thank you

We just went live with 10.2.100 and I had IT publish the Supply Chain Active Homepage. I can log into the Appserver for EDD and look at all 59 tiles. When I try to build my own active homepage using the out of the box tiles, I get the attached when I browse at ‘Add a data discovery tile.’ Page 1 is the initial page and After Scroll is when I scroll to the right. I am unable to further scroll down or select anything. Does anyone know a cause and correction for this? Thanks.

Hello, I have a quick question to anyone who is using standard EDD that comes with 10.2

We have this up and running and end users are a bit disappointed that they cannot download from the excel format. I have been unable to find a way to do this.

Many of our users do not have access to BAQ.

Would the best work around be to turn these BAQs into dashboards that these users have access to and have them put them as forms on the homepage?

If anyone has a better idea of if I’m missing something about being able to export from Excel, please share!

Thanks,
B

Welcome to e10Help Bobbie,

A BAQ Grid can be exported to Excel by clicking the three dots in the top right of the tile.
Epicor v10.2.300.9.

2 Likes

That is fantastic!! Thank you very much!

Okay, unfortunately, I was not involved with the setup or configuration and do not have access. I do not see the excel option.

Is this a feature in a later version? I’m on 10.2.100.7

Or is there a flag in setup and configuration that I can point them to?

Yeah, EDD in .100 was really early. Most users didn’t adopt EDD and active homepage in that version. It’s come a long way since .300 and they’ve made a lot of improvements. You are probably better off making a traditional dashboard.

Are you trying to use the stock EDD BAQs? Or ones that you have made?