10.2.200.6 Auto Print Kanban Labels - No records selected

Objective: “Create a standard data directive to auto print labels when users submit a kanban receipt.”

Side Note: Kanban Receipts does not have manual print functionality for labels

1. Copied Report Data Definition “PartTranRpt”. Made no Changes.
  2. Found report style “InvTransInvMvm” and copied standard style
  3. Referenced copied style with copied RDD
  4. Created a standard data directive on the “PartTran” table
  5. Created the condition:
    -There is at least one added row in the ttPartTran Table
    -“AND” The ttPartTran.TranClass field of the added row is equal to the “R” expression.
  6. Added send email function to test if bpm was triggering
    Added auto print function with customer report style referenced off partTran table.
  7. Set printed outcome to auto generated PDF
  8. Set Report parameters for “PartNum = The ttPartTran.PartNum”
    Set "InvMovmntReportID = “The InvTransInvMvm constant”

OutCome: Kanban receipt is submitted and a new partTran record is created with a tranclass = 'R" and I receive the email notice. But in system monitor the report error says “no records selected”

I’d have a look at any criteria in the RDD. Also, I wonder what InvMovmntReporting controls…

Looks like the RDD has no relationships or criteria per each table/Report Criteria Sets. Ill check around some more to see if maybe there is a better RDD to try with that’s linked to partTran.

You may be better off just making one from scratch. I dont think it should be too bad (aka not a ton of crazy releationships)

Can you create a custom RDD and Custom Report Style without referencing the “Report Service”? I created my RDD with just the “PartTran” table as my datasource with no exclusions or criteria. Create a new paginated report under “customer reports” on the SSRS server. Created a new report style without referring to a report service and linked it to my new report. In the report i referenced the shared datasource but left parameters empty. Do I need to make a reference to a report service or a tableguid?

**Side question: "When you reference the autoprint functionality and it wants report parameters defined. Where do those come from? As I don’t see them defined in the RDD, Style, or the report. You only see the table guid?

Parameter reference from built in report:

Error occurs when I try to sync the dataset:

I manually added the @TableGuid Parameter and I was able to sync the dataset. And I just answered my own question, you have to reference a report service because the autoprogram reference when choosing a report reference in the autoprogram for autoprint.

Well - I think I’ve lead you astray - apparently you cant create a new RDD. You have the option of a BAQ report, but it cant be autoprinted via traditional methods.

Can you just take that first RDD and add the extra tables and relationships?

So I thought I would get lucky and use the “InvQtyAdj” report RDD and style. And it seems the jobdate is odd in the trace since its referencing a time zone format??

Company>RAS</Company
EmployeeID>5544</EmployeeID
PartNum>209-26-99-10</PartNum
RevisionNum></RevisionNum
LotNum></LotNum
Quantity>0</Quantity
JobDate>2018-09-21T00:00:00-04:00</JobDate
ScrapQuantity>0</ScrapQuantity
ScrapReason></ScrapReason
NonConfQuantity>0</NonConfQuantity
NonConfReason></NonConfReason

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Stack Trace:
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at Erp.Internal.IM.PrintMovement.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in c:_Releases\ERP\RL10.2.200.0\Source\Server\Internal\IM\PrintMovement\PrintMovement.cs:line 253
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 98
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 57
at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 547