10.1.400.19 Install error “Could not find file. ‘C:/Epicor\ERP10.1Client\Client\config\default.sysconfig’

I found the default.sysconfig file but it is a default.sysconfig.template. I tried un-hiding the folders, doesn’t help.

Ok, figured it out. Just needed to point it in the right direction. Why does Epicor do that? Figured that would just be inherent in the installation. Guess not!!

Hey @Will79

can you share what you did?

What problem are you having? I think this one was in connection to trying to get the shortcut to work. Is that your issue as well?

i am trying to open the exe file from the client folder location and get this error. It already installed but u can only open it from the shortcut and not the file exe file from the client folder.

I am trying to setup the remote server login for my handheld like i did with vantage

thanks!

Well, I looked at Target in the Properties of the icon. For me, for whatever reason, after Config=ERP10.sysconfig, it said Config=Default.sysconfig. I simply removed the word Default and inserted the ERP10. After that, it worked exactly as it was supposed to.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like